No matter what you call it: Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Operations, or Emergency Management, when disasters arise, prior planning is critical!
Having a clear understanding of the vulnerabilities associated with your patient populations and geographic area facilitate mitigation and preparation.
• Conducting a hazard vulnerability analysis to identify risks
• Prioritization and Mitigation of risks
• Preparation for what may come
• Responding when events arise
• Completing After Action Reports to continue to improve disaster management
Consider the devastating emergence of the Novel Coronavirus and the major impact on the world. Retracing the timeline, actions taken, issues that arose and consideration for needed changes are essential in planning for the next event are paramount.
Preparing now for what may come, whether natural, man-made or highly contagious pathogen, reduces the risk to an organization and saves money in the long run.