New Release: The Joint Commission has updated the 2020 ORYX® Performance Measure reporting requirements effective January 1, 2020. These updates affect accredited hospitals and critical access hospitals.
eCQM reporting requirements for acute care hospitals with an average daily census (ADC) > 10 include the following:
These hospitals must report a minimum of four self-selected eCQMs applicable to the services provided and patient populations served by the hospital, for a
minimum of one self-selected quarter.
- 10 eCQMs are available for selection (eED-2, ePC-01, ePC-02, ePC-05, eSTK-2, eSTK-3, eSTK-5, eSTK-6, eVTE-1, eVTE-2).
- All hospitals use the DDSP for eCQM data submission.
Changes to chart-abstracted submission requirements for hospitals beginning with calendar year (CY) 2020 include the following:
The Joint Commission no longer has contracts with ORYX chart-based vendors.
- ORYX vendors, based on contractual language, must submit hospitals’ 3rd and 4th quarter 2019 chart-abstracted data in January and April 2020, respectively, using their current vendor data submission processes.
- All hospitals submitting data will be transitioned to and use The Joint Commission’s DDSP. (In early 2020, The Joint Commission will provide additional information on transitioning to the DDSP.)
- Hospitals collect and report monthly chart-abstracted aggregate data on a quarterly basis for CY 2020 using The Joint Commission’s DDSP.
The following are chart-abstracted measure reporting requirements for acute care hospitals with an ADC > 10:
- These hospitals that provide obstetrical services report one required chart-abstracted measure—PC-01.
- Hospitals with at least 300 live births must report on all chart-abstracted Perinatal Care measures (PC-02, PC-05, and PC-06).
- Effective January 1, 2020, Perinatal Care measures PC-03 and PC-04 are retired for accreditation and certification purposes.
See Joint Commission Perspectives November 2019 for further details.