We hope these articles have been useful. Our goal is to provide methods of engagement to increase compliance. This article will focus on the top 5 highlights of the previous articles. In order to help engage leaders, we encourage you to remember the following:
- Numbers – It’s NOT about the numbers
- Quality care drives finance
- Involve the Board
- Share patient experiences and help them understand the meaning
- Trace! Trace! Trace!
- Best way to see practice versus policy
- Include your patients
- Listen to their compliments and concerns – act!
- Do it for the patient NOT the survey
- Help everyone understand the “why”!
As leaders, we have responsibility for defining quality care, providing resources to attain and sustain compliance and help staff understand their role in patient safety.